Simulator Training Curriculum
Maxwell Driving School offers the most advanced driving simulators available, students learn in a safe, controlled environment, being able to learn to handle driving hazards they could encounter in a lifetime of driving.
- Getting Started: the driver is able to take a short evaluation, to establish a knowledge baseline for the instructor. Then the student is instructed how to operate the simulator. Next, the student is thoroughly taught the basics of car operation, everything from dashboard controls and functions, indicator lights, pre-drive checks, starting and stopping the engine, moving off using an automatic transmission, maneuvering at slow speeds and much more.
- Advanced Training: once the driver has an understanding of the basics, we expose them to more complex, real life driving scenarios. This is where he/she is instructed how to make proper lane changes (entering/leaving a lane), rules of intersections, turning left and right, merging and more. Each of these modules can be modified to adjust the traffic levels from none, low, medium and high densities before the lesson begins, as well as modifying the weather conditions and time of day.
- Night Driving: 90% of the decisions we make while driving are based upon what we see, which makes driving at night more challenging. The objective in night driving is to instruct the students on the importance of using the proper lighting to maximize visibility, in order to identify potential risk and hazards sooner, giving them more time to react. The driver is put through a series of different driving scenarios on both city and country roads, with several lessons on identifying potential hazards and accident avoidance.
- Braking and Safety Distances: this segment was created to stress the importance of a proper space cushion and how to brake safely in different driving scenarios. The student will hone in their braking and space cushion skills while driving on dry, wet and icy roadways with both ABS and non ABS braking systems. We also include a number of customizable accident avoidance scenarios.
- Risk Awareness: The purpose of this section is to develop and/or strengthen the driver’s defensive driving skills.This includes learning how to identify hazards and risks sooner, thereby giving the driver more time to react, which enables them to mitigate dangerous situations. Inside of this segment the driver will be taught how to predict the behavior of other drivers, keep the right mental attitude, be able to divide and focus attention on multiple risks while driving in complex situations, and drive defensively. The driver will encounter numerous accident avoidance and risky situations, which can be configured with various weather conditions, time of day, etc.
Skill Development Software
Our software has been designed to cover everything from pre-drive checks, rules of the road, scanning principles and defensive driving techniques including:
Avoiding Collisions, identify hazards, and driving in adverse conditions.
It utilizes a “building block” approach in order to properly prepare drivers of any age to operate successfully on the open road.
Our simulators also offer complex, unpredictable, multi-car traffic interaction, which exposes operators to the rigors of driving on challenging modern roadways. We also offer various simulated environmental conditions including:
Rain, Fog, Ice, Nighttime, Dusk, which provides varying degrees of difficulty during the training scenarios.